Trovi.com is an ad-supported program and browser hijacker that changes the default homepage in all browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer to Trovi.com homepage.
Trovi.com homepage belongs to an advertiser named Conduit that is partnered with someone to display search results. When a user searches through the Trovi.com homepage search engine and clicks on the ads located on the result page, Microsoft Bing pays Trovi.com a bounty.
Trovi.com homepage is technically not classified as a virus, but rather a potentially unwanted program (PUP) or adware. No browser extensions are typically associated with the Trovi.com homepage, and the browser homepages are set by a piece of software on the user’s computer.
Users that have Trovi.com Homepage installed on their computer may see a variety of advertisements placed there by Trovi. This adware is distributed through commonly downloaded free software such as media players and flash players, which is a tactic commonly used by malware peddlers.
Beware of downloading software from untrusted sites or public download portals such as Download.com because many of the installers contain adware and use deceiving tactics to get users to agree to install them.
If it is an option when downloading software, be sure to always download software from the manufacturers website (for example if you need to download Flash Player do it from Adobe.com). If this is not an option, many installers have the option of doing an “advanced install” or “custom install” in which you may choose to decline any third-party offers.
To remove Trovi.com Homepage from your computer and from all browsers, please follow the instructions outlined below entirely, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any issues with removal.
Automatically remove Trovi.com homepage malware
Download and install SpyHunter to detect and remove malicious files. This a a simple piece of software designed to locate and eliminate the source of the infection.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats
Reset your homepage back to default
Remove Trovi.com homepage for Google Chrome
- On the top right hand corner, click into the menu and go to Settings
- Click set pages and set to Google.com or your preferred search engine
Remove Trovi.com homepage for Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, Click on the Firefox button and Select Options
- Select the General panel
- In the startup box, click Restore to Default
Remove Trovi.com homepage for Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button and then click Internet Options
- On the General tab, under Home page, enter the URL you want to set as your homepage.
- Click Apply, and click OK.
Manually remove Trovi.com homepage malware from browsers
To disable and Remove Trovi.com homepage malware from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, please follow the directions:
Remove Trovi.com homepage malware for Mozilla Firefox
- On the menu bar, click on Tools menu and then click ‘Add-ons’ — the add-ons manager tab will now open.
- In the add-ons manager tab, select ‘Extensions or Appearance’
- Select any unknown add-on(s) you wish to disable
- Click ‘Remove’ button
- Click Restart now
Remove Trovi.com homepage malware for Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome menu on the top right hand side of the browser.
- Click on Tools
- Click on Extensions
- Click on the trash can icon next to each extension
- Click Remove on the dialog
Remove Trovi.com homepage malware for Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button and click on Manage add-ons
- Under Show, click on All add-ons, and then do one of the following
- Click on Disable for each add-on
Clean Trovi.com homepage malware with Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is powerful anti-malware technology that detects and removes all signs of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, PUPs, spyware, and much more.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware here and run the installer
- Follow the installation wizard to complete the setup process and click Finish
- On the first tab labelled Scanner select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to scan, detect, and remove Do-search.com Malware files
- Malwarebytes will now scan your computer for malicious files
- When the scan has finished, click on the Show results button
- The results will be displayed on the screen. Make sure everything is checked and hit the Removed Selected button