TidyNetwork is classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that installs extensions and add-ons into Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari web browsers. It is an ad-supported software designed to make money by injecting advertisements into your browser via extensions and background processes/services.
TidyNetwork is distributed through free software such as Vuze torrent client. When installing free software like this, the user is presented with the TidyNetwork install screen and usually has no idea they are about to install this malware. The offer screen might look like this:
These advertisements are shown to users in a variety of different ways, including traditional display advertisements injecting into websites like YouTube. Another form of advertisement is a small 300×250 advertisements that pops up on the bottom right hand side of the screen and is disclosed as a “TidyNetwork Advertisement”.
Another form of advertisement is underlined text ads. When hovering over these text ads, an advertisement might popup where your mouse is and have some offer relating to the keyword. This sort of ad looks like this:
Once installed, the following actions should be taken to completely remove TidyNetwork malware from the system and clean out the browser extensions and addons.
AUTOMATICALLY REMOVE TIDYNETWORK MALWARE
Download and install SpyHunter to detect and remove malicious files. This a a simple piece of software designed to locate and eliminate the source of the infection.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats
MANUALLY REMOVE TIDYNETWORK EXTENSIONS
To disable and remove malicious extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, please follow the directions:
Remove TidyNetwork from Mozilla Firefox
- On the menu bar, click on Tools menu and then click ‘Add-ons’ — the add-ons manager tab will now open.
- In the add-ons manager tab, select ‘Extensions or Appearance’
- Select the add-on you wish to disable
- Click ‘Remove’ button
- Click Restart now if the option is available.
Remove TidyNetwork from Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome menu on the top right hand side of the browser.
- Click on Tools
- Click on Extensions
- Click on the trash can icon next to each extension
- Click Remove on the popup dialog
Remove TidyNetwork from Internet Explorer
- If you have this add-on for Internet Explorer, please proceed to the next step. This addon is designed so the user cannot disable or remove in the usual manner.
MANUALLY REMOVE TIDYNETWORK FROM YOUR PC
- Open the start menu, and open the control panel
- Click uninstall a program
- Find TidyNetwork from the list
- Right click and select Uninstall/remove
CLEAN YOUR SYSTEM WITH MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is powerful anti-malware technology that detects and removes all signs of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, PUPs, spyware, and much more.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware here and run the installer
- Follow the installation wizard to complete the setup process and click Finish
- On the first tab labelled Scanner select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to scan, detect, and remove TidyNetwork malicious files
- Malwarebytes will now scan your computer for malicious files
- When the scan has finished, click on the Show results button
- The results will be displayed on the screen. Make sure everything is checked and hit the Removed Selected button
BACKUP YOUR COMPUTER
With computers used as widely as they are now, computer viruses are a very real threat and can mean the loss of everything dear to you such as family photos, personal documents or bank records. My PC Backup is one of the best tools to ensure you never become victim to a virus, computer crash or theft and are left with nothing from your online life.
With simple installation, automated backups and easy folder storage, backing up your computer with My PC Backup is the perfect solution for all user levels. The application sits on your PC or laptop and continuously backs up your computer so you can access your files from any other location making USBs and CDs a thing of the past.
This will backup all your files so you can easily revert your computer back to the past before the time of infection. This is a great precautionary measure and will ensure you never lose any sensitive important data.