SavingsBull malware is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) or advertising-supported software designed to serve ads on users computers. This product is disguised as a service to help you save money on websites, but actually injects advertisements into Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer web browsers.
SavingsBull malware is distributed through software bundles from popular download portals and deceptive web pages claiming to have “Recommender Software Updates” or “Urgent Flash Updates Required”. These are known scare tactics used by advertisers to trick users into downloading this adware onto their computer.
If you are seeing display advertisements (like in the screenshot below), coupons, or underlined text links coming from SavingsBull, you are infected with SavingsBull malware or browser extensions.
To remove SavingsBull malware from your computer and ensure your PC is clean of malicious infections, please follow the instructions below.
Automatically remove SavingsBull malware
Download and install SpyHunter to detect and remove malicious files. This a a simple piece of software designed to locate and eliminate the source of the infection.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats
Manually remove SavingsBull malware from browsers
To disable and Remove SavingsBull malware from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, please follow the directions:
Remove SavingsBull malware for Mozilla Firefox
- On the menu bar, click on Tools menu and then click ‘Add-ons’ — the add-ons manager tab will now open.
- In the add-ons manager tab, select ‘Extensions or Appearance’
- Select any unknown add-on(s) you wish to disable
- Click ‘Remove’ button
- Click Restart now if the option is available.
Remove SavingsBull malware for Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome menu on the top right hand side of the browser.
- Click on Tools
- Click on Extensions
- Click on the trash can icon next to each extension
- Click Remove on the dialog
Remove SavingsBull malware for Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button and click on Manage add-ons
- Under Show, click on All add-ons, and then do one of the following
- Click on Disable for each add-on
Manually remove SavingsBull malware from your computer
- Open the start menu, and open the control panel
- Click uninstall a program
- Find Browser Surf Plus from the list
- Right click and select Uninstall/remove
Clean your system with Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is powerful anti-malware technology that detects and removes all signs of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, PUPs, spyware, and much more.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware here and run the installer
- Follow the installation wizard to complete the setup process and click Finish
- On the first tab labelled Scanner select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to scan, detect, and Remove SavingsBull malware files
- Malwarebytes will now scan your computer for malicious files
- When the scan has finished, click on the Show results button
- The results will be displayed on the screen. Make sure everything is checked and hit the Removed Selected button