premiumvideoupdates.com pop-up advertisements are commonly distribute through computers inected with malicious browser extensions, malicious software, or ad-supported software. This premiumvideoupdates.com pop-up advertisement deceives the target user into believing they have a flash update available. Websites like these should not be trusted, as they will infect your computer with more malware, viruses, or ad-supported software.
The premiumvideoupdates.com pop-up will read “WARNING: Your Flash Player Is Outdated! A critical security update has been released and you are required to update your Flash Player. This page will automatically close once the security update has been installed.” This sort of advertisement is known as scareware, because it does just that, scares the user into doing something.
Advertisers get paid to distribute these products on a pay-per-install model, meaning everytime someone downloads and installs the software from this pop-up, an advertiser is paid a bounty.
In order to stop receiving premiumvideoupdates.com pop-up advertisements and clean and protect your PC from malware, it is recommended you follow the instructions below.
Additionally, we at MalwareRescue recommend you use caution when downloading software. You should always download software from only the manufacturer of said software, and never through untrusted third-parties such as the premiumvideoupdates.com pop-up.
Automatically remove premiumvideoupdates.com pop-up malware
Download and install SpyHunter to detect and remove malicious files. This a a simple piece of software designed to locate and eliminate the source of the infection.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats
Manually remove premiumvideoupdates.com pop-up malware from browsers
To disable and Remove premiumvideoupdates.com pop-up malware from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, please follow the directions:
Remove premiumvideoupdates.com pop-up malware for Mozilla Firefox
- On the menu bar, click on Tools menu and then click ‘Add-ons’ — the add-ons manager tab will now open.
- In the add-ons manager tab, select ‘Extensions or Appearance’
- Select any unknown add-on(s) you wish to disable
- Click ‘Remove’ button
- Click Restart now if the option is available.
Remove premiumvideoupdates.com pop-up malware for Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome menu on the top right hand side of the browser.
- Click on Tools
- Click on Extensions
- Click on the trash can icon next to each extension
- Click Remove on the dialog
Remove premiumvideoupdates.com pop-up malware for Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button and click on Manage add-ons
- Under Show, click on All add-ons, and then do one of the following
- Click on Disable for each add-on