If you are seeing ads on search results pages like Google that say “powered by Better Deals” then you are most likely getting served these ads through a third party program or browser extensions or add-on.
These results are shown on search results pages such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing as well as shopping sites like eBay and Amazon. The advertisements usually contain products related to the query you searched for so they are usually highly relevant.
The ad unit is always disclosed with the words “powered by Better Deals” so from here on out we will refer to this as the “powered by Better Deals” malware to make it simple. In order to remove “powered by Better Deals” malware please follow the instructions below in order to fully protect your PC.
AUTOMATICALLY REMOVE “POWERED BY BETTER DEALS” MALWARE
Download and install SpyHunter to detect and remove malicious files. This a a simple piece of software designed to locate and eliminate the source of the infection.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats
MANUALLY REMOVE “POWERED BY BETTER DEALS” MALWARE
To disable and remove malicious extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, please follow the directions:
Remove “powered by Better Deals” malware from Mozilla Firefox
- On the menu bar, click on Tools menu and then click ‘Add-ons’ — the add-ons manager tab will now open.
- In the add-ons manager tab, select ‘Extensions or Appearance’
- Select the add-on(s) you wish to disable
- Click ‘Remove’ button
- Click Restart now if the option is available.
Remove “powered by Better Deals” malware from Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome menu on the top right hand side of the browser.
- Click on Tools
- Click on Extensions
- Click on the trash can icon next to each extension
- Click Remove on the popup dialog
Remove “powered by Better Deals” malware for Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button and click on Manage add-ons
- Under Show, click on All add-ons, and then do one of the following
- Click on Disable for each add-on
CLEAN YOUR SYSTEM WITH MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is powerful anti-malware technology that detects and removes all signs of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, PUPs, spyware, and much more.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware here and run the installer
- Follow the installation wizard to complete the setup process and click Finish
- On the first tab labelled Scanner select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to scan, detect, and remove “powered by Better Deals” Malware files
- Malwarebytes will now scan your computer for malicious files
- When the scan has finished, click on the Show results button
- The results will be displayed on the screen. Make sure everything is checked and hit the Removed Selected button
BACKUP YOUR COMPUTER
With computers used as widely as they are now, computer viruses are a very real threat and can mean the loss of everything dear to you such as family photos, personal documents or bank records. My PC Backup is one of the best tools to ensure you never become victim to a virus, computer crash or theft and are left with nothing from your online life.
With simple installation, automated backups and easy folder storage, backing up your computer with My PC Backup is the perfect solution for all user levels. The application sits on your PC or laptop and continuously backs up your computer so you can access your files from any other location making USBs and CDs a thing of the past.
This will backup all your files so you can easily revert your computer back to the past before the time of infection. This is a great precautionary measure and will ensure you never lose any sensitive important data.