iWebar is classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that comes in the form of browser extensions and browser add-ons supported by Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari. iWebar malware an ad-supported software designed to make money by injecting advertisements into your browser via extensions and background processes/services.
iWebar is distributed through free software such as Vuze torrent client. When installing free software like this, the user is presented with the iWebar install screen and usually has no idea they are about to install this malware.
When iWebar is added to the user’s browser, ads begin to start display on various sites like eBay and Amazon and can be considered very intrusive and disruptive to the user’s web browsing experience. One example of an ad is this one that displays on the bottom of the browser:
Once iWebar has been installed it is recommended that you follow the instructions below to completely remove iWebar malware from your computer and protect it from malicious infections in the future
AUTOMATICALLY REMOVE IWEBAR MALWARE
Download and install SpyHunter to detect and remove malicious files. This a a simple piece of software designed to locate and eliminate the source of the infection.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats
MANUALLY REMOVE IWEBAR EXTENSIONS
To disable and remove malicious extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, please follow the directions:
Remove iWebar from Mozilla Firefox
- On the menu bar, click on Tools menu and then click ‘Add-ons’ — the add-ons manager tab will now open.
- In the add-ons manager tab, select ‘Extensions or Appearance’
- Select the add-on you wish to disable
- Click ‘Remove’ button
- Click Restart now if the option is available.
Remove iWebar from Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome menu on the top right hand side of the browser.
- Click on Tools
- Click on Extensions
- Click on the trash can icon next to each extension
- Click Remove on the popup dialog
Remove iWebar from Internet Explorer
- If you have this add-on for Internet Explorer, please proceed to the next step. This addon is designed so the user cannot disable or remove in the usual manner.
MANUALLY REMOVE IWEBAR FROM YOUR PC
- Open the start menu, and open the control panel
- Click uninstall a program
- Find iWebar from the list
- Right click and select Uninstall/remove
CLEAN YOUR SYSTEM WITH MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is powerful anti-malware technology that detects and removes all signs of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, PUPs, spyware, and much more.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware here and run the installer
- Follow the installation wizard to complete the setup process and click Finish
- On the first tab labelled Scanner select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to scan, detect, and remove iWebar malicious files
- Malwarebytes will now scan your computer for malicious files
- When the scan has finished, click on the Show results button
- The results will be displayed on the screen. Make sure everything is checked and hit the Removed Selected button
BACKUP YOUR COMPUTER
With computers used as widely as they are now, computer viruses are a very real threat and can mean the loss of everything dear to you such as family photos, personal documents or bank records. My PC Backup is one of the best tools to ensure you never become victim to a virus, computer crash or theft and are left with nothing from your online life.
With simple installation, automated backups and easy folder storage, backing up your computer with My PC Backup is the perfect solution for all user levels. The application sits on your PC or laptop and continuously backs up your computer so you can access your files from any other location making USBs and CDs a thing of the past.
This will backup all your files so you can easily revert your computer back to the past before the time of infection. This is a great precautionary measure and will ensure you never lose any sensitive important data.