GreatArcadeHits malware (also known as Great Arcade Hits) is classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and acts as adware, a browser hijacker, and spyware. This program installs to the PC with or without user content and is typically bundled alongside freeware found on download portals like Download.com, Softonic, and others.
After installation, GreatArcadeHits changes internet browser settings including default homepage and default search engine, causing unwanted pages to open on the users computer. GreatArcadeHits malware also shows users unwanted display advertisements from third party networks, including underlined text ads and popup ads.
The GreatArcadeHits malware installs extensions to all of your browsers, including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. The extension can access your data on websites, including information you enter and internet searches, as well as access your browsing activity.
AUTOMATICALLY REMOVE GREATARCADEHITS
Download and install SpyHunter to detect and remove malicious files. This a a simple piece of software designed to locate and eliminate the source of the infection.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats
MANUALLY REMOVE GREATARCADEHITS
To disable and remove malicious extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, please follow the directions:
Remove GreatArcadeHits for Mozilla Firefox
- On the menu bar, click on Tools menu and then click ‘Add-ons’ — the add-ons manager tab will now open.
- In the add-ons manager tab, select ‘Extensions or Appearance’
- Select the add-on you wish to disable
- Click ‘Remove’ button
- Click Restart now if the option is available.
Remove GreatArcadeHits for Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome menu on the top right hand side of the browser.
- Click on Tools
- Click on Extensions
- Click on the trash can icon next to each extension
- Click Remove on the popup dialog
Remove GreatArcadeHits for Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button and click on Manage add-ons
- Under Show, click on All add-ons, and then do one of the following
- Click on Disable for each add-on
CLEAN YOUR SYSTEM WITH MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is powerful anti-malware technology that detects and removes all signs of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, PUPs, spyware, and much more.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware here and run the installer
- Follow the installation wizard to complete the setup process and click Finish
- On the first tab labelled Scanner select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to scan, detect, and remove GreatArcadeHits malware files
- Malwarebytes will now scan your computer for malicious files
- When the scan has finished, click on the Show results button
- The results will be displayed on the screen. Make sure everything is checked and hit the Removed Selected button
BACKUP YOUR COMPUTER
With computers used as widely as they are now, computer viruses are a very real threat and can mean the loss of everything dear to you such as family photos, personal documents or bank records. My PC Backup is one of the best tools to ensure you never become victim to a virus, computer crash or theft and are left with nothing from your online life.
With simple installation, automated backups and easy folder storage, backing up your computer with My PC Backup is the perfect solution for all user levels. The application sits on your PC or laptop and continuously backs up your computer so you can access your files from any other location making USBs and CDs a thing of the past.
This will backup all your files so you can easily revert your computer back to the past before the time of infection. This is a great precautionary measure and will ensure you never lose any sensitive important data.