downloadrockstar.com pop-up advertisements are a common issue for users that are infected with malware. This advertisements is a fake flash update notification designed to trick users into download and installing software filled with adware, malware, and potentially unwanted programs and/or browser extensions.
The software contained on these websites will frustrate users even more than they already are because they will disrupt the user’s browsing experience by injecting advertisements into browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
If you are seeing downloadrockstar.com pop-up you are most likely infected with malware and should follow the instructions below to clean your PC and prevent future infections. These instructions are designed to clean out your browsers, and computer of any malicious files and potentially unwanted programs that could be serving advertisements like the downloadrockstar.com pop-up.
Automatically remove downloadrockstar.com pop-up malware
Download and install SpyHunter to detect and remove malicious files. This a a simple piece of software designed to locate and eliminate the source of the infection.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats
Manually remove downloadrockstar.com pop-up malware from browsers
To disable and Remove downloadrockstar.com pop-up malware from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, please follow the directions:
Remove downloadrockstar.com pop-up malware for Mozilla Firefox
- On the menu bar, click on Tools menu and then click ‘Add-ons’ — the add-ons manager tab will now open.
- In the add-ons manager tab, select ‘Extensions or Appearance’
- Select any unknown add-on(s) you wish to disable
- Click ‘Remove’ button
- Click Restart now if the option is available.
Remove downloadrockstar.com pop-up malware for Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome menu on the top right hand side of the browser.
- Click on Tools
- Click on Extensions
- Click on the trash can icon next to each extension
- Click Remove on the dialog
Remove downloadrockstar.com pop-up malware for Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button and click on Manage add-ons
- Under Show, click on All add-ons, and then do one of the following
- Click on Disable for each add-on