BestApp popup advertisements occur in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. These popups are caused by ad-supported software and other malicious software or browser extensions that have been installed on the computer. BestApp popup advertisements are classified as Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) or Potentially Unwanted Applications (PUAs) by anti-virus and anti-malware programs.
The BestApp popup advertisements will look like the page above, and say something like “You are currently browsing the web with Google Chrome and it is recommended that you update your video player to the fastest version available. Please update to continue.” This is a deceptive advertisement that is designed to trick you into downloading their software.
To remove the PUPs or PUAs causing the BestApp ads to show up in your browser, we’ve put together some instructions below. Please follow each step in its entirety and be sure to use caution when browsing the web in the future. Let us know if you have any issues removing these annoying ads and we will do our best to help.
Automatically Remove BestApp Popup
Download and install SpyHunter to detect and remove malicious files. This a a simple piece of software designed to locate and eliminate the source of the infection.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats
Reset your homepage back to default
Remove BestApp for Google Chrome
- On the top right hand corner, click into the menu and go to Settings
- Click set pages and set to Google.com or your preferred search engine
Remove BestApp for Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, Click on the Firefox button and Select Options
- Select the General panel
- In the startup box, click Restore to Default
Remove BestApp for Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button and then click Internet Options
- On the General tab, under Home page, enter the URL you want to set as your homepage.
- Click Apply, and click OK.
Manually remove BestApp malware from browsers
To disable and Remove BestApp malware from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, please follow the directions:
Remove BestApp malware for Mozilla Firefox
- On the menu bar, click on Tools menu and then click ‘Add-ons’ — the add-ons manager tab will now open.
- In the add-ons manager tab, select ‘Extensions or Appearance’
- Select any unknown add-on(s) you wish to disable
- Click ‘Remove’ button
- Click Restart now
Remove BestApp malware for Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome menu on the top right hand side of the browser.
- Click on Tools
- Click on Extensions
- Click on the trash can icon next to each extension
- Click Remove on the dialog
Remove BestApp malware for Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button and click on Manage add-ons
- Under Show, click on All add-ons, and then do one of the following
- Click on Disable for each add-on
Clean BestApp malware with Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is powerful anti-malware technology that detects and removes all signs of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, PUPs, spyware, and much more.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware here and run the installer
- Follow the installation wizard to complete the setup process and click Finish
- On the first tab labelled Scanner select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to scan, detect, and remove Do-search.com Malware files
- Malwarebytes will now scan your computer for malicious files
- When the scan has finished, click on the Show results button
- The results will be displayed on the screen. Make sure everything is checked and hit the Removed Selected button