Web Spades is ad-supported software owned by Yontoo Technology, Inc. The Web Spades software is notorious for showing browser advertisements through Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome add-ons or extensions. The Web Spades software advertisements can show up on any webpage on the internet, and will be marked by an ad disclosure “Ads by Web Spades”
Web Spades advertisements are almost always coupon-related ads, contextual links, or banner advertisements (video, traditional banner, and interstitial), though there have been other reported advertisements associated with Web Spades that have not been listed here.
Web Spades and other related ad-supported software owned by Yontoo Technology, Inc is mainly distributed through free download portals like Download.com and Soft32.com. Users are commonly tricked into installing the program through deceptive advertising practices typically associated with ad-supported software. Offers are presented to users during the installation process of free software downloaded from the internet. The average user won’t read what they are being presented with and just hit next.
The owner of the Web Spades software pay download portals to distribute their software across the internet and make money by showing users advertisements. This practice is nothing new and has been around for years. Some other notable examples of ad-supported software are WeatherBug, Zango Toolbar, Bonzai Buddy, and others.
MalwareRescue.com has done research on Web Spades and compiled easy instructions to help you remove Web Spades from your computer, and protect your PC from similar infections in the future. Read below for full instructions.
Automatically remove Web Spades pop-up malware
Download and install SpyHunter to detect and remove malicious files. This a a simple piece of software designed to locate and eliminate the source of the infection.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats
Manually remove Web Spades pop-up malware from browsers
To disable and Remove Web Spades pop-up malware from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, please follow the directions:
Remove Web Spades pop-up malware for Mozilla Firefox
- On the menu bar, click on Tools menu and then click ‘Add-ons’ — the add-ons manager tab will now open.
- In the add-ons manager tab, select ‘Extensions or Appearance’
- Select any unknown add-on(s) you wish to disable
- Click ‘Remove’ button
- Click Restart now
Remove Web Spades pop-up malware for Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome menu on the top right hand side of the browser.
- Click on Tools
- Click on Extensions
- Click on the trash can icon next to each extension
- Click Remove on the dialog
Remove Web Spades pop-up malware for Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button and click on Manage add-ons
- Under Show, click on All add-ons, and then do one of the following
- Click on Disable for each add-on
Clean Web Spades pop-up malware with Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is powerful anti-malware technology that detects and removes all signs of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, PUPs, spyware, and much more.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware here and run the installer
- Follow the installation wizard to complete the setup process and click Finish
- On the first tab labelled Scanner select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to scan, detect, and remove Do-search.com Malware files
- Malwarebytes will now scan your computer for malicious files
- When the scan has finished, click on the Show results button
- The results will be displayed on the screen. Make sure everything is checked and hit the Removed Selected button