If you are seeing advertisements within your browser labeled “Ads by video MediaPlayer”, then you have a potentially unwanted program on your computer. Browser extensions and other known ad-supported software are most commonly the cause of unwanted advertisements such as pop-up and text links within Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Some advertisements may look like the one below:
You most likely became infected with this malware through a free download. Many times software publishers bundle their free software with ad-ware and malware to help make money off of users. Some popular downloads like BitTorrent clients, Download.com products, and other products like VLC Media Player and Adobe Flash Player often have these types of offers hidden within their software.
The advertisements shown as a result of the ad-supported software, such as “Ads by video MediaPlayer”, are usually shown on most if not all websites, and are especially noticeable on sites that usually don’t serve ads like Wikipedia.
Malware like “Ads by video MediaPlayer” is not technically a virus, but more of an ad-supported software designed solely for the purpose of making money while providing no real benefit to the end user. Anti-virus typically refers to this type of software as a PUP or potentially unwanted program.
We have gone through the trouble of researching “Ads by video MediaPlayer” and putting together these instructions below outlining how to remove the malware from your computer. In addition to following our isntructions, please also take an added precuation of downloading software only from the trusted manufacturer of the product. For example, if you are downloading Adobe Flash, do some from Adobe.com and not some untrusted third-party.
Automatically remove “Ads by video MediaPlayer” malware
Download and install SpyHunter to detect and remove malicious files. This a a simple piece of software designed to locate and eliminate the source of the infection.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
< li>SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats
Manually remove “Ads by video MediaPlayer” malware from browsers
To disable and Remove “Ads by video MediaPlayer” malware from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, please follow the directions:
Remove “Ads by video MediaPlayer” malware for Mozilla Firefox
- On the menu bar, click on Tools menu and then click ‘Add-ons’ — the add-ons manager tab will now open.
- In the add-ons manager tab, select ‘Extensions or Appearance’
- Select any unknown add-on(s) you wish to disable
- Click ‘Remove’ button
- Click Restart now
Remove “Ads by video MediaPlayer” malware for Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome menu on the top right hand side of the browser.
- Click on Tools
- Click on Extensions
- Click on the trash can icon next to each extension
- Click Remove on the dialog
Remove “Ads by video MediaPlayer” malware for Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button and click on Manage add-ons
- Under Show, click on All add-ons, and then do one of the following
- Click on Disable for each add-on
Clean “Ads by video MediaPlayer” malware with Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is powerful anti-malware technology that detects and removes all signs of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, PUPs, spyware, and much more.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware here and run the installer
- Follow the installation wizard to complete the setup process and click Finish
- On the first tab labelled Scanner select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to scan, detect, and remove Do-search.com Malware files
- Malwarebytes will now scan your computer for malicious files
- When the scan has finished, click on the Show results button
- The results will be displayed on the screen. Make sure everything is checked and hit the Removed Selected button