Findopolis is an ad-supported software owned by Yontoo Technology, Inc. The Findopolis is notorious for showing in-browser advertisements through Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. The Findopolis advertisements can show up on any webpage on the internet, and will be marked by an ad disclosure “Ads by Findopolis”
Findopolis advertisements typically consist of coupon-related ads, contextual links, and banner advertisements (video, traditional banner, and interstitial), though there have been other reported advertisements associated with Findopolis that have not been listed here.
Findopolis and other related ad-supported software owned by Yontoo Technology, Inc is mainly distributed through free download portals like Download.com and Softpedia.com. Users are often tricked into installing the program through deceptive advertising practices typically associated with ad-supported software.
The owner of the Findopolis software pay download portals to distribute their software across and make money by showing users advertisements. This practice is nothing new and has been around for years. Some other notable examples of ad-supported software are WeatherBug, Zango Toolbar, Bonzai Buddy, and others.
MalwareRescue.com has gone through the research and compiled easy instructions to help you remove Findopolis from your computer, and protect your PC from similar infections in the future. Read below for full instructions.
Automatically remove Findopolis pop-up malware
Download and install SpyHunter to detect and remove malicious files. This a a simple piece of software designed to locate and eliminate the source of the infection.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats
Manually remove Findopolis pop-up malware from browsers
To disable and Remove Findopolis pop-up malware from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, please follow the directions:
Remove Findopolis pop-up malware for Mozilla Firefox
- On the menu bar, click on Tools menu and then click ‘Add-ons’ — the add-ons manager tab will now open.
- In the add-ons manager tab, select ‘Extensions or Appearance’
- Select any unknown add-on(s) you wish to disable
- Click ‘Remove’ button
- Click Restart now
Remove Findopolis pop-up malware for Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome menu on the top right hand side of the browser.
- Click on Tools
- Click on Extensions
- Click on the trash can icon next to each extension
- Click Remove on the dialog
Remove Findopolis pop-up malware for Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button and click on Manage add-ons
- Under Show, click on All add-ons, and then do one of the following
- Click on Disable for each add-on
Clean Findopolis pop-up malware with Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is powerful anti-malware technology that detects and removes all signs of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, PUPs, spyware, and much more.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware here and run the installer
- Follow the installation wizard to complete the setup process and click Finish
- On the first tab labelled Scanner select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to scan, detect, and remove Do-search.com Malware files
- Malwarebytes will now scan your computer for malicious files
- When the scan has finished, click on the Show results button
- The results will be displayed on the screen. Make sure everything is checked and hit the Removed Selected button