“Ads by LyricsViewer” malware is an ad-supported software commonly bundled alongside popular freeware like VLC Player and 7-zip. It is a cross browser plugin for Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Google Chrome.
The LyricsViewer browser extension is usually installed without user consent and you may not know you have this installed until you begin to receive advertisements. The LyricsViewer extension injects display advertisements, underlined text links, and popups. Other ads may include shopping comparison and coupons. “Ads by LyricsViewer” will be disclosed beneath advertisements injected by this plugin.
This plugin is designed to make money off people by showing them advertisements while they are browsing the internet. This software is considered a potentially unwanted program by several anti-virus softwares. To completely remove this software from your computer and no longer see “ads by LyricsViewer” advertisements, please follow the steps below.
AUTOMATICALLY REMOVE LYRICSVIEWER
Download and install SpyHunter to detect and remove malicious files. This a a simple piece of software designed to locate and eliminate the source of the infection.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats
MANUALLY REMOVE LYRICSVIEWER
- Open the start menu, and open the control panel
- Click uninstall a program
- Find ‘LyricsViewer’ from the list
- Right click and select Uninstall/remove
MANUALLY REMOVE LYRICSVIEWER EXTENSION
To disable and remove malicious extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, please follow the directions:
Remove LyricsViewer extension for Mozilla Firefox
- On the menu bar, click on Tools menu and then click ‘Add-ons’ — the add-ons manager tab will now open.
- In the add-ons manager tab, select ‘Extensions or Appearance’
- Select the add-on you wish to disable
- Click ‘Remove’ button
- Click Restart now if the option is available.
Remove LyricsViewer extension for Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome menu on the top right hand side of the browser.
- Click on Tools
- Click on Extensions
- Click on the trash can icon next to each extension
- Click Remove on the popup dialog
Remove LyricsViewer extension for Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button and click on Manage add-ons
- Under Show, click on All add-ons, and then do one of the following
- Click on Disable for each add-on
HOW TO AVOID INSTALLING THIS IN THE FUTURE
Always pay attention to what you are installing and be aware that it is common practice to bundle ad-supported offers alongside free software. Download products directly from the manufacturers website and nowhere else, especially if you reach the download page through an advertisement. Advertisers are paying for you to see their ads, so they want to convert your actions into money.
CLEAN YOUR SYSTEM WITH MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is powerful anti-malware technology that detects and removes all signs of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, PUPs, spyware, and much more.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware here and run the installer
- Follow the installation wizard to complete the setup process and click Finish
- On the first tab labelled Scanner select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to scan, detect, and remove LyricsViewer malicious files
- Malwarebytes will now scan your computer for malicious files
- When the scan has finished, click on the Show results button
- The results will be displayed on the screen. Make sure everything is checked and hit the Removed Selected button
BACKUP YOUR COMPUTER
With computers used as widely as they are now, computer viruses are a very real threat and can mean the loss of everything dear to you such as family photos, personal documents or bank records. My PC Backup is one of the best tools to ensure you never become victim to a virus, computer crash or theft and are left with nothing from your online life.
With simple installation, automated backups and easy folder storage, backing up your computer with My PC Backup is the perfect solution for all user levels. The application sits on your PC or laptop and continuously backs up your computer so you can access your files from any other location making USBs and CDs a thing of the past.
This will backup all your files so you can easily revert your computer back to the past before the time of infection. This is a great precautionary measure and will ensure you never lose any sensitive important data.