adobe.flashplay.us pop-up advertisements are caused by malicious files or ad-supported browser extensions hidden on your computer. Users receiving adobe.flashplay.us pop-up advertisments usually see them very frequently in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer on most webpages. The pop-up looks exactly like Adobe Flash Player’s actual website.
The adobe.flashplay.us pop-up will read something like “Your video player may be out of date. It is recommended that you update to continue.” This sort of advertisement is known as scareware, because it does just that, scares the user into doing something by making false claims.
Advertisers get paid to distribute these products on a pay-per-install model, meaning everytime someone downloads and installs the software from this pop-up, an advertiser is paid a bounty.
In order to stop receiving adobe.flashplay.us pop-up advertisements and clean and protect your PC from malware, it is recommended you follow the instructions below.
Additionally, we at MalwareRescue recommend you use caution when downloading software. You should always download software from only the manufacturer of said software, and never through untrusted third-parties such as the adobe.flashplay.us pop-up.
Automatically remove adobe.flashplay.us pop-up malware
Download and install SpyHunter to detect and remove malicious files. This a a simple piece of software designed to locate and eliminate the source of the infection.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats
Manually remove adobe.flashplay.us pop-up malware from browsers
To disable and Remove adobe.flashplay.us pop-up malware from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, please follow the directions:
Remove adobe.flashplay.us pop-up malware for Mozilla Firefox
- On the menu bar, click on Tools menu and then click ‘Add-ons’ — the add-ons manager tab will now open.
- In the add-ons manager tab, select ‘Extensions or Appearance’
- Select any unknown add-on(s) you wish to disable
- Click ‘Remove’ button
- Click Restart now
Remove adobe.flashplay.us pop-up malware for Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome menu on the top right hand side of the browser.
- Click on Tools
- Click on Extensions
- Click on the trash can icon next to each extension
- Click Remove on the dialog
Remove adobe.flashplay.us pop-up malware for Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button and click on Manage add-ons
- Under Show, click on All add-ons, and then do one of the following
- Click on Disable for each add-on