Max-Start.com Homepage is a new adware powered homepage similar to the old Babylon.com search page. Users that download products powered by Max-Start.com will have their browser homepage, default search, and default new tab set to Max-Start.com
When users perform search queries or click ads on any search results powered by Max-Search.com, the advertiser of this malware generates revenue. Since this can be a very good source of revenue for the advertisers, you can imagine they will do their best to show you as many ads and search pages as possible.
Max-Start.com Homepage can be very annoying, which is why I’ve outlined steps below to REMOVE Max-Start.com from your computer and all of your browsers immediately. Once the steps below have been completed entirely, your computer will be protected from malware and free from the annoying Max-Start.com homepage.
Automatically remove Max-Start.com homepage malware
Download and install SpyHunter to detect and remove malicious files. This a a simple piece of software designed to locate and eliminate the source of the infection.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats
Reset your homepage back to default
Remove Max-Start.com homepage for Google Chrome
- On the top right hand corner, click into the menu and go to Settings
- Click set pages and set to Google.com or your preferred search engine
Remove Max-Start.com homepage for Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, Click on the Firefox button and Select Options
- Select the General panel
- In the startup box, click Restore to Default
Remove Max-Start.com homepage for Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button and then click Internet Options
- On the General tab, under Home page, enter the URL you want to set as your homepage.
- Click Apply, and click OK.
Manually remove Max-Start.com homepage malware from browsers
To disable and Remove Max-Start.com homepage malware from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, please follow the directions:
Remove Max-Start.com homepage malware for Mozilla Firefox
- On the menu bar, click on Tools menu and then click ‘Add-ons’ — the add-ons manager tab will now open.
- In the add-ons manager tab, select ‘Extensions or Appearance’
- Select any unknown add-on(s) you wish to disable
- Click ‘Remove’ button
- Click Restart now
Remove Max-Start.com homepage malware for Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome menu on the top right hand side of the browser.
- Click on Tools
- Click on Extensions
- Click on the trash can icon next to each extension
- Click Remove on the dialog
Remove Max-Start.com homepage malware for Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button and click on Manage add-ons
- Under Show, click on All add-ons, and then do one of the following
- Click on Disable for each add-on
Clean Max-Start.com homepage malware with Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is powerful anti-malware technology that detects and removes all signs of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, PUPs, spyware, and much more.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware here and run the installer
- Follow the installation wizard to complete the setup process and click Finish
- On the first tab labelled Scanner select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to scan, detect, and remove Do-search.com Malware files
- Malwarebytes will now scan your computer for malicious files
- When the scan has finished, click on the Show results button
- The results will be displayed on the screen. Make sure everything is checked and hit the Removed Selected button