Some users have complained about having their homepage set to livesearchonline.com without their consent. The livesearchonline.com homepage is related to a new search hijacking product being distributed throughout the internet.
If your homepage has recently been set to livesearchonline.com, then you have downloaded a piece of software that may have been bundled with ad-supported software that sets your homepage to livesearchonline.com. It is possible that you downloaded software from an untrusted third-party. It is also possible you recently downloaded free software from a download portal such as Soft32 or Download.com which contained the threat.
MalwareRescue recommends using caution when downloading software – always use the trusted manufacturer’s website to download software. Advertisers have resorted to creating fake misleading websites that claim your computer software is out of date. These pages are used as a front to distribute malware, such as livesearchonline.com, to unsuspecting visitors.
To completely remove livesearchonline.com homepage from your computer and revert your browser’s settings back to default, please follow the instructions outlined below.
Automatically remove livesearchonline.com homepage malware
Download and install SpyHunter to detect and remove malicious files. This a a simple piece of software designed to locate and eliminate the source of the infection.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats
Reset your homepage back to default
Remove livesearchonline.com homepage for Google Chrome
- On the top right hand corner, click into the menu and go to Settings
- Click set pages and set to Google.com or your preferred search engine
Remove livesearchonline.com homepage for Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, Click on the Firefox button and Select Options
- Select the General panel
- In the startup box, click Restore to Default
Remove livesearchonline.com homepage for Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button and then click Internet Options
- On the General tab, under Home page, enter the URL you want to set as your homepage.
- Click Apply, and click OK.
Manually remove livesearchonline.com homepage malware from browsers
To disable and Remove livesearchonline.com homepage malware from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, please follow the directions:
Remove livesearchonline.com homepage malware for Mozilla Firefox
- On the menu bar, click on Tools menu and then click ‘Add-ons’ — the add-ons manager tab will now open.
- In the add-ons manager tab, select ‘Extensions or Appearance’
- Select any unknown add-on(s) you wish to disable
- Click ‘Remove’ button
- Click Restart now
Remove livesearchonline.com homepage malware for Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome menu on the top right hand side of the browser.
- Click on Tools
- Click on Extensions
- Click on the trash can icon next to each extension
- Click Remove on the dialog
Remove livesearchonline.com homepage malware for Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button and click on Manage add-ons
- Under Show, click on All add-ons, and then do one of the following
- Click on Disable for each add-on
Clean livesearchonline.com homepage malware with Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is powerful anti-malware technology that detects and removes all signs of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, PUPs, spyware, and much more.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware here and run the installer
- Follow the installation wizard to complete the setup process and click Finish
- On the first tab labelled Scanner select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to scan, detect, and remove Do-search.com Malware files
- Malwarebytes will now scan your computer for malicious files
- When the scan has finished, click on the Show results button
- The results will be displayed on the screen. Make sure everything is checked and hit the Removed Selected button