The Findwide Toolbar malware (also known as Search Findwide redirect, Findwide Toolbar virus, Findwide Virus, etc…) is classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). This malware changes internet settings including default homepage and default search engine, causing unwanted pages to open and advertisements to show during the usual web browsing experience.
This malware is presented as an offer during the installation of free software like VLC PLayer, WinZip, or WinRar. A sample install screen showing the FindWide toolbar can be seen below:
Extensions or add-ons are installed with this malware into Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer causing all searches to redirect through search.findwide.com – and start pages and new tab pages are all changed to this URL as well. Advertisements associated with Findwide malware usually appear on shopping and eCommerce sites like Amazon and eBay and can be very intrusive to users.
Findwide malware is a pest for many PC users because it is used as a tool to generate revenue for a company. Findwide is paid by advertisers whenever it shows users advertisements and whenever users search through their search engine search.findwide.com
Findwide displays sponsored search results which have been deemed to often lead to suspicious and deceptive websites generating leads for unethical businesses and products. Findwide also makes it very difficult for users to remove the software after it is installed.
For information on how to remove Findwide malware, please read through the instructions below:
AUTOMATICALLY REMOVE FINDWIDE TOOLBAR
Download and install SpyHunter to detect and remove malicious files. This a a simple piece of software designed to locate and eliminate the source of the infection.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats
MANUALLY REMOVE FINDWIDE TOOLBAR
To disable and remove malicious extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer, please follow the directions:
Remove Findwide Toolbar for Mozilla Firefox
- On the menu bar, click on Tools menu and then click ‘Add-ons’ — the add-ons manager tab will now open.
- In the add-ons manager tab, select ‘Extensions or Appearance’
- Select the add-on you wish to disable
- Click ‘Remove’ button
- Click Restart now if the option is available.
Remove Findwide Toolbar for Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome menu on the top right hand side of the browser.
- Click on Tools
- Click on Extensions
- Click on the trash can icon next to each extension
- Click Remove on the popup dialog
Remove Findwide Toolbar for Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button and click on Manage add-ons
- Under Show, click on All add-ons, and then do one of the following
- Click on Disable for each add-on
MANUALLY REMOVE FINDWIDE TOOLBAR
- Open the start menu, and open the control panel
- Click uninstall a program
- Find Findwide Toolbar from the list
- Right click and select Uninstall/remove
CLEAN YOUR SYSTEM WITH MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is powerful anti-malware technology that detects and removes all signs of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, PUPs, spyware, and much more.
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware here and run the installer
- Follow the installation wizard to complete the setup process and click Finish
- On the first tab labelled Scanner select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to scan, detect, and remove Findwide Toolbar malicious files
- Malwarebytes will now scan your computer for malicious files
- When the scan has finished, click on the Show results button
- The results will be displayed on the screen. Make sure everything is checked and hit the Removed Selected button
BACKUP YOUR COMPUTER
With computers used as widely as they are now, computer viruses are a very real threat and can mean the loss of everything dear to you such as family photos, personal documents or bank records. My PC Backup is one of the best tools to ensure you never become victim to a virus, computer crash or theft and are left with nothing from your online life.
With simple installation, automated backups and easy folder storage, backing up your computer with My PC Backup is the perfect solution for all user levels. The application sits on your PC or laptop and continuously backs up your computer so you can access your files from any other location making USBs and CDs a thing of the past.
This will backup all your files so you can easily revert your computer back to the past before the time of infection. This is a great precautionary measure and will ensure you never lose any sensitive important data.